WMD Radiological Awareness
New York State
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate (WMDD) and the New York Field Office, in partnership with the New York State Department of Health, will host a WMD Radiological Awareness Brief for radioactive material licensees and, specifically, non-destructive testing (NDT) companies.
This one-hour Teams webinar will discuss the FBI WMDD mission, various threats facing licensees, and case examples of how terrorists and criminals target radiological materials and the companies that use these materials. Resources available to radioactive material licensees to mitigate these threats will be discussed. Most importantly, partnerships with the FBI WMD coordinator and the New York State Department of Health, as well as with radioactive material licensees, will be made stronger with the opportunity for meeting via Teams.
Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Time: 10 a.m. Eastern Time
Webinar Platform: MS Teams
Registration Deadline: August 6, 2021
Attendees: Radioactive Material Cat 1, 2, & 3 Licensees, NDT, Well Logging, Nuclear Gauge Firms
The following topics will be covered:
- Overview of the FBI mission
- Role of the FBI WMD coordinator
- Radiological threat
- Radiological case brief
- Suspicious activity reporting
- Brief for radioactive material licensees
Attendees must register to receive an event invitation, which will be sent out closer to the event date.
- FBI New York WMD Coordinator Special Agent Randy Farrence: email@example.com
- NY State Department of Health, Chief of the Radioactive Materials Daniel J. Samson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisory Special Agent Kevin Bosch: email@example.com
- Management and Program Analyst Roxanne P. Marlow: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your information below: