FBI/CDC Radiological Awareness and Response Workshop Registration
FBI/CDC Radiological Awareness and Response
Date: Tuesday-Wednesday / April 26-27th, 2022
Time: TBD (EST)
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado area (in-person event)
Attendees: Local law enforcement, fire/rescue, and public health officials
Registration deadline: March 15, 2022
The Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate (WMDD) and Denver Field Office, in partnership with the Center for Disease Control (CDC), will host a Radiological Awareness and Response Workshop.
This two-day event will increase the incident response capabilities and knowledge of radiological material among members of local law enforcement and public health. This workshop is a critical capability and capacity building operational-program developed to test the full-scope of the interagency operational response capabilities to a Radiological Exposure Device (RED). The program test current policies and procedures to include notification, in the event of radiological attack.
Other topics will include:
- Identification of local contacts and regional response assets
- The role of the FBI WMD Coordinator in a WMD investigation
- Review of a case study regarding radiological material
Questions can be directed to:
- MAPA Jason Lesko, FBI WMDD NRCU, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSA Michael Larson, FBI WMDD NRCU, via email at email@example.com