FBI/CDC Joint Criminal – Epidemiological Investigations Workshop – Providence, Rhode Island
FBI/CDC Joint Criminal-Epidemiological Investigations Workshop – Providence, Rhode IslandAugust 23-24, 2023 | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Rhode Island Joint Force Headquarters - Camp Fogarty, 2841 South Country Trail Est Greenwich, RI 02818
- Understand law enforcement and public health roles, responsibilities, and authorities during a suspicious biological incident
- Law enforcement investigations and threat assessment
- Public health epidemiological and medical investigations
- Identify assets and capabilities for each discipline; discuss criminal and epidemiological investigational procedures and methodologies for a response to a biological threat
- Demonstrate types of information gathered by law enforcement and public health, and how sharing information can advance both investigations; identify challenges to sharing information and determine potential solutions that may be adapted to meet the needs of both disciplines
- Discuss best practices for conducting a joint threat assessment, joint law enforcement-public health patient interview, and joint investigation models and protocols
- Develop interprofessional relationships between law enforcement and public health; identify contacts prior to biological incident so familiarly is established
If you have any questions, please email Jayoung@fbi.gov and/or email@example.com.