FBI/CDC Joint Criminal – Epidemiologic Investigations Workshop – Anchorage, AK
FBI/CDC Joint Criminal – Epidemiologic Investigations Workshop
Dates: January 8-9, 2023
Times: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: University of Anchorage Alaska
- Understand law enforcement and public health roles, responsibilities, and authorities during a suspicious biological incident
- Law enforcement investigations and threat assessment
- Public health epidemiological and medical investigations
- Identify assets and capabilities for each discipline; discuss criminal and epidemiological investigational procedures and methodologies for a response to a biological threat
- Demonstrate types of information gathered by law enforcement and public health and how sharing information can advance both investigations; identify challenges to sharing information and determine potential solutions that may be adapted to meet the needs of both disciplines
- Discuss best practices for conducting a joint threat assessment, joint law enforcement-public health patient interview, and joint investigation models and protocols
- Develop inter-professional relationships between law enforcement and public health; identify contacts prior to biological incident so familiarly is established
Target Audience: Epidemiologists, LRN personnel, state health officer, secretary of health, emergency preparedness managers, local and State laboratories, community health specialists, local and state veterinary services, public health nurses and physicians, hospital personnel, local and state police, task force officers, FBI, first responders/EMS, fire/hazmat, DOD/Civil Support Teams, USPIS, CBP.